Trust Administrator – First Trust Company
Job Title: Trust Administrator
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota and Minneapolis, Minnesota
Opportunity: The ideal candidate will excel at client service, be a team player and problem-solver, and manage workflow prioritization independently. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and accommodating in work approach based on priorities and possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Prepare and assist trust officers with annual administrative and investment account reviews.
• Complete new account onboarding and account closing duties.
• Review and process trust administration tasks as needed and assigned; handle transactions (including all money movement) with excellent attention to detail.
• Complete, follow up and track outstanding trust administration and investment management deliverables.
• Perform trust account maintenance on trust accounting system.
• Ensure processing activities are thoroughly documented (scanned and filed).
• Prepare and send written correspondence.
• Assist with quarterly internal audit requests.
• Respond to client requests in a timely manner as needed.
• Assist and/or relay critical client issues to trust officer(s) promptly.
• Manage special projects as needed with minimal oversight.
• Assist with fiduciary tax processing.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance; CPA desirable
• 2-4 years working in trust administration or comparable combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills and numbers aptitude combined with a high degree of attention to detail.
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues with minimal guidance.
• Strong prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
• Ability to review trust agreement documents and ensure compliance.
• Familiarity with BSA/AML issues and reporting requirements.
• Strong and effective interpersonal skills; ability to work well as part of a team.
• CTFA preferred or working toward a CTFA.
Please send cover letter and resume to Maisee Xong at email@example.com