Associate Trust Officer – Sageworth
Position: Associate Trust Officer
Reports to: Fiduciary Services Manager
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00 – 5:00 (Some flexibility for client accommodations)
Status: Full Time
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION & POSITION SUMMARY
As a key member of the Company’s planning team, the primary responsibilities for the Associate Trust Officer will be to work closely with client service team members to provide highly attentive and personal service to the Company’s high net worth clients ($10+ million) and play a key role in trust administration, trust accounting and a broad range of estate planning projects. In addition, responsibilities will also include but are not limited to general office administrative duties, support for corporate meetings, and assistance with regulatory matters.
Essential Abilities & Skills Needed:
- Some experience in trust administration, creating trust records, performing trust accounting and periodic administrative reviews.
- Some experience with and beginning knowledge of estate planning, estate tax and estate administration.
- High level of professional knowledge and competency.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to distill, organize and communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strong client relation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer and math skills with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Quickbooks and other office software.
- Accepts personal responsibility and accountability for ensuring work is completed in an error free manner.
- Ability to self-correct and research new and better processes to improve work.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Able to participate in a collegial team-oriented environment with a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a variety of roles, responsibilities and situations.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Balanced personality, both disciplined and inquisitive.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Diligent, precise and dependable.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 4 year college degree.
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor Designation or other fiduciary designation a plus.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in the trust and estates field within a professional office environment.
- The duties of this job require the employee to regularly sit, use hands and fingers, see computer, read reports, hear and talk to clients, and navigate around the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Family Office team members to administer trusts, create and maintain trust records, perform trust accounting, and ensure compliance with trust administration requirements.
- Interact cross-functionally with broader client service teams to ensure a coordinated approach to all client service.
- Review estate planning documents for compliance with execution formalities.
- Assist in the follow up from client meetings; document follow up steps and ensure resolution of open items; coordinate with clients as necessary.
- Coordinate and take primary responsibility for fiduciary tax return preparation and filing. Ensure returns are filed on time and accurately.
- Perform quarterly Trust administrative reviews to ensure compliance and promptly respond to necessary follow-ups.
- Provide excellent and prompt assistance to client requests.
- Support Wealth Planning Strategists with substantive estate and tax planning projects.
- Maintain records and coordinate necessary actions for specialized trusts (including Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts and Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts).
- Assist in corporate meeting support.
- Be an active participant on the compliance team.
- Perform general office administrative duties.
Key Success Indicators:
Performance evaluations will also be based on:
- Meets attendance & punctuality policy.
- Quality of work with minimum mistakes.
- Follows direction of Manager.
- Meets deadlines.
- Ability to learn new duties.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Maintains confidentiality of clients and proprietary information at all times.
- Exhibits good conflict resolution & problem solving capabilities when needed.
- Proficiency in dealing with, and adding value to, a variety of complex private client situations.
- Adherence to company policy.
- Willingness to make decisions with sound judgment.
- Desire to help others with a good attitude.
- Works with integrity, honesty, and confidentiality.
- Strives for excellent client service.
- Good time management skills; is multi-tasked.
- Displays motivation & achieves goals.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge.
- Desire to take on more responsibilities.
For an application or inquiries please contact Jennifer Rea at email@example.com