COMPLIANCE ANALYST I – EQUITY TRUST
Compliance Analyst I
EEOC Job Classification:
5-Administrative Support Workers
The Compliance Analyst I contributes to the compliance program and assists in maintaining appropriate risk management. The position is responsible for performing investment reviews, monitoring transactions, and participating in compliance projects. Supports company goals and collaborates with cross-functional teams to achieve results.
· Reviews client-directed investments for administrative feasibility.
· Reviews background checks, investment information and documentation for providers of assets under custody.
· Identifies and recommends freezing of assets to mitigate risk.
· Monitors customer account activity and researches transactions for compliance with applicable company policies and procedures.
· Reviews third party sales and marketing relationships to manage risk.
· Performs research through investigative databases and online tools.
· Responds to frontline questions regarding compliance and procedural matters.
· Makes recommendations for modifications and improvements to the systems, procedures and processes for detecting variances from company policy, risk, and suspicious activity.
· Assists in the implementation of programs/initiatives to enhance compliance awareness.
· Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field; relevant work experience in lieu of a degree may be considered
· Minimum 1 year of work experience in Operations, Compliance, or Audit department of financial services or other regulated business (bank, broker-dealer or trust company preferred)
· None required
· Exceptional research capabilities
· Knowledge in trust/financial service industry preferred
· Familiarity with South Dakota Division of Banking Trust Company regulations, Internal Revenue Service requirements, and other federal laws preferred
· Effective verbal and written communication
· Proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite
In addition to the Core Company competencies of Cultivates Innovation, Nimble Learning, Action Oriented, Collaborates, and Being Resilient:
· Organization and Time Management
· Multi-Tasking and Prioritization Skills
· Attention to Detail and Accuracy
· Ability to Collect Data and Draw Logical Conclusions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to speak and hear. The Associate is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Applications can be submitted through the Equity Trust candidate portal located at:
For more information on Equity Trust Company: https://www.trustetc.com/about-us/careers/