Investment Officer – Cornerstone Private Asset Trust Company
Cornerstone Private Asset Trust Company, LLC – Sioux Falls, SD
Cornerstone Private Asset Trust Company, LLC, is a boutique trust company that helps businesses and individuals implement estate planning goals and transition wealth from one generation to the next. We provide services above and beyond those of a traditional trust company by focusing on the individual nature of each client and their long-term goals. With offices in Sioux Falls, SD and Bloomington, MN, Cornerstone provides unique tax advantages to its clients as well as a wide variety of specialized trust services, including trusts under wills as well as dynasty, charitable, revocable living wills.
In the retirement plan area, Cornerstone develops plans to meet the needs of the employees, the company, and the owners. We specialize in working with business owners who excel at running their businesses, but do not want to be experts in retirement planning. Cornerstone works as a retirement planning partner keeping business owners informed on the status of their plans as well as their fiduciary responsibility as the Plan Sponsor of the company’s retirement program.
We seek an Investment Officer interested in growing his or her career with an established, yet nimble, Trust Company. The person we seek will provide financial advice and services to private and corporate clients about a range of investment matters, including buying and selling investment trusts and shares or bonds, to help these clients invest their money in the best places. To be successful in this position, this person will also maintain knowledge of a wide range of investment and financial products, including mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, bonds and life insurance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for research and due diligence, including calls with Portfolio Managers
- Responsible for recommended funds list of Mutual Funds and ETF’s
- Analysis on individual bonds
- Also research on stocks gifted into Trust accounts
- Contribute to, and eventually lead, parts of the Investment Committee meetings
- Assessing the health of insurance policies owned in Trusts
- Trade Mutual Funds, ETF, and Individual Bonds
- Responsible for managing and trading client accounts
- Build out a new portfolio modeling system
- Client Management
- Onboard new clients
- Perform annual portfolio reviews on all accounts
- Interact with clients and conduct investment education
- Review investment performance reports
- Manage client cash needs
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 4-year degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-8 years of hands on experience in portfolio management, asset allocation, and equity and fixed investments
- Involvement in Investment Industry Groups is strongly encouraged
- Drive to build and service clientele
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and problem solve
- Strong written and communication skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance necessary at all times
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
- Ability to learn new computer programs or experience using programs such as Worldox, Junxure, Infovisa
- Capability of working in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated team player with a positive attitude
- Ability for travel as needed (there will be some travel involved)
Who Should Apply:
- If you like the small firm environment, you should apply.
- If your work experience is in the 3-8 years range, you should apply.
- If you are looking for an opportunity that will challenge you and allow you to grow, you should apply.
- If working in a fast-paced but friendly and collegial atmosphere is appealing to you, you should apply.
- If you are driven, detail oriented, and have the ideas and enthusiasm to improve the investment process, you should apply.
- If solving problems and building processes are a passion of yours, you should apply.
- If you would prefer to work directly with decision makes instead of middle managers and bureaucracy, you should apply.
- If you want to have a direct impact on the client experience, you should apply.
- If investment management is your long-term career plan, you should apply.
Who Should Not Apply:
- If you are looking for a very structured environment with a very structured daily routine, Cornerstone will not be a good fit for you.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, to include health, dental, life, short term disability, PTO, paid holidays, paid family leave and 401k retirement savings program.
Interested candidates can apply via this application.
You may also contact Sara Villaume with additional questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org