Trust Officer – Adler Trust Company
Adler Trust Company, a private trust company serving one family, is looking for an experienced trust officer. The Trust Officer will be responsible for delivering trust services tailored to the needs of the family. Candidates should be experienced in personal trust administration and enjoy working with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare administrative reviews and investment objectives, along with any additional new account paperwork required to establish new accounts.
- Conduct annual administrative and investment reviews in a timely fashion for all accounts under administration.
- Oversee flow of information between trust administration, trust accounting and tax groups.
- Promote productive relationship between trust company and trust beneficiaries, balancing fiduciary needs with needs of beneficiaries.
- Manage relationship with local bank, overseeing transfers of funds, investment of cash balances, and transfers within accounts maintained by Adler Trust Company
- Facilitate processing of account payables and coordinate payment with accounting group.
- Assist in communicating information received from depository bank to investment managers at Adler Management.
- Oversee compliance with bank requirements and satisfaction of bank documentation requests.
Coordination of Activities with Family Office
- Communicate proactively with family office.
- Review materials and information received from family office and help analyze impact on office generally, accounts under management, and help establish any necessary guidance
- Work in conjunction with investment managers to assure proper liquidity and/or investments of cash as may be determined by each trust under administration.
- Maintain good working relationships with family office personnel including investment, tax, and administrative areas.
Board of Directors and Subcommittee Meetings
- Assist in the preparation and timely distribution of materials required for meetings of the Board of Directors and related committees.
- Provide Directors are properly informed of upcoming meetings and coordinate details to allow a Director to participate in such meetings.
- Insure minute records are prepared, approved, properly executed and filed.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in related area
Knowledge and Experience
- Prefer five, plus years’ experience in legal, trust, banking, or investment related fields
- Ability to manage very sensitive and private information
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Ability to be flexible and cover additional responsibilities of others from time to time and assist in general office management matters as situations may demand.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills.
- Willing to provide tailored services as the situation may demand.
- Some travel required.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to Annie.Hartmann@adlerllc.com.