Trust Officer – Cornerstone Private Asset Trust Company
Trust Officer · Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Cornerstone Private Asset Trust Company, LLC, is a boutique trust company that helps businesses and individuals implement estate planning goals and transition wealth from one generation to the next. We provide services above and beyond those of a traditional trust company by focusing on the individual nature of each client and their long-term goals. With offices in Sioux Falls, SD and Bloomington, MN, Cornerstone provides unique tax advantages to its clients as well as a wide variety of specialized trust services, including trusts under wills as well as dynasty, charitable, revocable living wills.
We are seeking a Trust Officer to join our team of professionals based in Sioux Falls, SD. The person we seek will be interested in growing his or her career with an established, yet nimble Trust Company. In this role you will assist with managing, maintaining and onboarding trust accounts. Successful candidates for this role will be able to be able to provide strong trust administration and relationship management. This position requires a strong attention to detail and a desire to provide high level of administration and strong communication skills to the firm’s clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work directly with team leadership to support fiduciary decision and strengthen client relationships
- On-board new trusts including gathering and reviewing documents such as trust instruments, portfolio holdings, partnership agreements and trust accounting records
- Assist with effectively establishing and maintaining client relationships
- Perform trust accounting transactions such as cash transfers, investment actions, market value updates and beneficiary distributions
- Be an expert, or work overtime to become an expert in South Dakota fiduciary law and its applications
- Work with business partners to resolve risk management concerns
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- 4+ years of trust administration and strong background in fiduciary law, and South Dakota Trust Law
- Skilled in reading and interpreting financial documents or ability to learn
- Ability and desire to provide exemplary client service
- Capability of understanding complex legal documents including trusts, wills and court rulings
- Desire to proactively ask for and take feedback on performance and ability to implement changes as necessary
- Willingness to promote to a small office environment which can, at times, include contributing in ways that may not directly corelate to the candidate’s skill set or job description
- Strong work ethic with willingness to work extended hours if needed required
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and problem solve
- Strong written and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
- Capability of working in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines
- Ability for travel as needed (there will be some travel involved)
Who Should Apply:
- If you like the idea of working in a small team environment
- If you have a passion for Trust Administration
- If you are driven, detail oriented, and have fresh ideas and enthusiasm at work
- If you are a self-starter, have self-confidence, take initiative, have internal motivation, and are a problem solver who is not afraid to ask questions
- If you want to have a direct impact on the client experience
- If you are looking for a long-term role that will challenge, you to grow your skillset
- If you want to provide exceptional service to clients, but do not want to have to sell or bring in new business.
Who Should Not Apply:
- If you are looking for a very structured environment with a very structured daily routine, Cornerstone will not be a good fit for you.
- If you are looking for a short-term role or are not interested in growing professionally with Cornerstone
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Compensation. We offer a competitive salary + bonus opportunities
- Rest and Relaxation. 18 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays
- Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company contribution, access to a personal financial planner, and both legal and life insurance.
- Give back. Get paid to give your time to the community: ask us about this!
- Educational Benefits. Whether you are studying for specific certifications, or currently enrolled in higher education, we can help cover some of those expenses.
- Flexible Work Models. In-office, work-from-home, or hybrid, depending on position and location.
Not sure if you qualify? Think about applying anyway:
We understand that not everyone brings 100% of the skills and experience for the role. At Cornerstone we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce and offer opportunities to those with a variety of workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you returning to work after a gap in employment or looking to take the next step in your career, we are excited to learn more about you and encourage you to apply!
Cornerstone is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We realize the key to creating a company with a strong culture and employee experience comes from who we hire and creating a workplace that celebrates everyone. It is our policy to extend equal opportunity in employment to all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.