Trust Operations Accountant – Sterling trustees
Job Opportunity: Trust Operations Accountant
Job Purpose: Candidate will work closely with senior trust officer and family office of 2 ultra-high net worth clients. The Trust Operations Accountant will provide timely and accurate financial record keeping and reporting as directed by management, with work generally consisting of day-to-day transactions. Maintains financial records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and organizational standards. This position handles confidential and personal information. Integrity, discretion, and respect are imperative in the position.
About the Job: Sterling Trustees is an expanding and growing South Dakota Chartered corporate fiduciary with Offices in Sioux Falls. With over $5.0 billion in fiduciary assets, Sterling Trustees specializes in independent trust administration services to wealthy individuals and families across the United States and in over 20 countries around the world. Please check out our website at www.sterlingtrustees.com. The position is located in our Sioux Falls, SD office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculate and prepare daily/monthly journal entries for various client trusts and entities.
- Communicates with internal and external contacts as needed to assure the integrity of financial information.
- Prepare reconciliations and supporting work papers and resolves any discrepancies within required time frames.
- Perform accounting on financial statement areas such as partnership equity ownership adjustments for capital calls and distributions, cash, accounts payable, intra-entity loan payables, and others as assigned.
- Ensure inter-account cash and security movements are tracked and accounted for.
- Maintain security master and stale pricing report to ensure all account data is being reported.
- Maintain monthly cost basis reports to ensure all asset cost basis are maintained accurately.
Job Requirements: Skills/Abilities:
- Demonstrates a full understanding of accounting and investment transaction cycles.
- A self-starter who is able to organize and manage their own workload in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to follow through and complete projects by established deadlines.
- Investment and fiduciary accounting knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of investment/trust accounting software platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, strong Microsoft Excel experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in banking, finance, accounting, or related field with 2+ years accounting experience preferred. CPA designation a plus.
- This position offers a competitive wage and an attractive benefit package. Sterling Trustees is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact: Please send copy of resume and cover letter to Troy Steinbeck at firstname.lastname@example.org