VP, Head of wealth management – first premier bank
As the VP, Head of Wealth Management at First PREMIER Bank you have overall responsibility, leadership, and growth of First PREMIER Bank’s Wealth Management team, including private banking, trust, investment management, and employee benefits.
About First PREMIER Bank:
At First PREMIER Bank we believe associates are our most valuable resource. We work hard to attract, retain and reward bright, motivated, proactive associates who embrace The PREMIER Way in their own individual pursuit of excellence.
As a regional bank with a strong national reputation, we’re high tech and high touch. We serve individuals from all walks of life and businesses and organizations of every size, offering comprehensive banking, financial, treasury, wealth and trust services.
The PREMIER culture starts with associates who enjoy their work, demonstrate a hunger to learn and grow, positively contribute to a unified environment and share a passion to serve others. We demonstrate our values by taking great care of our associates and to treat them in a way that makes them feel valued, respected and rewarded. Our focus on creating a great environment for associates has resulted in PREMIER being listed as one of the nation’s “Best Banks to Work for” from 2015-2020.
As a privately owned company with roughly 380 employees throughout 16 Branches, First PREMIER Bank puts people first by offering benefits that support your life and well-being. Plus, we provide performance incentives, paid volunteer hours, growth and career advancement opportunities and even throw some pretty epic employee celebrations – from concerts by big name artists to giving away cars.
When you work at First PREMIER Bank, every day is another opportunity to make a positive impact while supporting our customers, teammates, and community. Personal success. Respect. Health and wellness. Fun and giving back.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model the PREMIER Way, the PREMIER Attitude, and coach team members to embrace PREMIER’s vision, views, and values by applying the principles of PREMIER Leadership.
- Responsible for leadership and oversight of all departmental personnel, products, services, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Work collaboratively with executive management and all other business lines to maximize PREMIER’s potential in the marketplace.
- Represent PREMIER in volunteer, civic and professional association activities at the local community, state, and national level.
- Develop, present, and execute strategic and tactical wealth management initiatives aligned with the bank’s overall strategic plan and vision.
- Identify and execute technological enhancements and process improvements with a focus on elevating the employee and customer experience.
- Establish and communicate job responsibilities and performance expectations to assure mutual understanding of desired results.
- Collaborate effectively to resolve internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
- Lead and manage personnel in achievement of revenue and expense targets and other defined objectives.
- Accountable for all operating, audit and control procedures to ensure full compliance with bank policy and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for oversight and leadership of First PREMIER Bank’s fiduciary responsibilities in managing wealth for individuals, families, and organizations.
- Develop a marketing plan that aligns with an effective business development and incentive program.
- Coordinate the overall investment philosophy and strategy and corresponding investment products with other Wealth Management staff.
- Evaluate and enhance First PREMIER Bank’s market position and competitiveness in the customer segments we serve.
- Ensure compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies, practices, and procedures.
- Uphold the highest level of integrity and ethical standards in leading our Wealth Management team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of trust and/or related investment and legal business experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field is preferred
- CFIRS, CTFA, JD or CPA are preferred, but not required
- Technical abilities required include legal, compliance and finance background along with high-net-worth
- Strong leadership skills along with experience in personnel management are required.
- Strong sales and relationship management skills
- Seasoned people leader with prior experience motivating, teaching, mentoring, and growing top talent.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into actionable recommendations. You tell stories through data with experience in translating this to business profitability and success.
First PREMIER Bank – Our Mission:
Our mission and brand promise drive our work, and we’re looking for experienced professionals like you who can help us take the work we do even further. We recognize that our people are our strength, and the diverse talents they bring to our workforce are directly linked to our success. Which is why we need the right people on our team who can help us think big and champion our processes so we can grow.
Let’s accomplish great things, together.
Life in South Dakota:
There is so much to love about life in South Dakota. When you relocate here, you’ll find the friendly tax climate, plus affordable housing, and cost of living, let you keep more of your paycheck. There are great schools, excellent access to healthcare and a fabulous lifestyle. You get the best of all worlds with exceptional restaurants, big name concerts and sporting events, symphony, theatre, and ballet, along with unique outdoor activities, natural wonders, and renowned National Parks.
We’re Investing in You:
- Competitive salary and variable compensation program
- Relocation provided for the right candidate
- Full medical benefits for 20+ hours/week. Medical plans and contributions to spending accounts with free dental, vision, EAP, life, AD&D, company match 401(k), long and short-term disability plans
- Generous time off plans including PTO and Sick Pay
- 401(k) – Dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% of total compensation, 100% employee-owned
- Growth plans and career pathways having the opportunity to receive an hourly wage increase
- PREMIER Wellness Program
- Special discounts and pre-sell offers for Denny Sanford PREMIER Center events
- Paid community volunteer hours
- Special employee parties and incentives
Interested parties can apply online here. To ensure timely communication during the application process, please ensure that the “My Presence” portion of your profile is kept current. This should include your most recent phone number and email address. Additionally, please upload any relevant documentation, such as a cover letter and resume. Initial contact will be made via email. Please check your email regularly for any updates or sign in at www.firstpremier.com/careers to view any status changes.
Neither First PREMIER Bank nor PREMIER Bankcard, LLC discriminates in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or status within any other protected group.